Security

LDAP Strategy Users Not showing up in Users List

scc00
Contributor

So I have two LDAP strategies setup for contractors. The strategies pulled the information in from AD and I have mapped each strategy to a Role. Now when I go to the Users tab, none of those users who are contractors show up. Regular users (employees) show up without issue but contractors who sit in a different OU within AD than employees do not. Any thoughts?

Note, I have checked splunkd.log and set the necessary logging profile to debug to no avail.

0 Karma

vsingla1
Communicator

My employees and contractors resided in different OU. So it worked for me after expanding my userbaseDN to include OU=contractor.
I have a multiple LDAP strategies though, because we have users connecting from across the globe (UK/DE/Japan) to one search head instance. and each of these global regions have their own DCs and userbase.

0 Karma

ryandg
Communicator

What are your base filters? Within my organization we filtered by department to hasten the query but at the start ran into issues of a few members being added to a different department ID. If you are filtering on criteria, make sure that those values are all accounted for!

The easiest way to tell that this is the issue is when you go to map groups, the users show up there (you can see their OU and everything) but they aren't in the actual roles, just like you stated.

0 Karma

jmann2118
Explorer

You shouldn't have to have separate LDAP strategies
In the Group base DN area or User base DN, Do you have each OU mapped out with a semicolon separating it? Like so

OU=Employees,DC=contoso,DC=com;OU=Contractors,DC=contoso,DC=com

0 Karma

vsingla1
Communicator

I have the same exact issue. The employees show up fine, but not the contractors.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...