Security

Is it possible to use VPN on my phone to connect the mobile phone app to the Splunk Mobile Access Server?

belka
Path Finder

I want to configure a Splunk Mobile Access Server. I have Juniper JunOS VPN in my environment. Rather than have the mobile phone client connect directly through the firewall into the DMZ and the Splunk Mobile Access server, could I not VPN on my phone and then connect the Mobile Access Server mobile phone App to the Splunk Mobile Access Server? And from there, could I connect to Splunk Enterprise? It would seem possible, but my thought is that there might be a glitch or gotcha that would render the mobile phone App unusable in this configuration.

Any thoughts?

1 Solution

ChrisG
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

The documentation says you can:

"Splunk Mobile App users not on the internal network can use VPN to connect to the Splunk Mobile Access Server. Splunk Mobile App users must connect their device to the VPN before signing in to the Splunk Mobile App to get access to the Splunk Mobile Access Server."

See also:

"Mobile users not on the internal network use VPN to connect to the Splunk Mobile Access Server . You do not need to configure any special settings on the mobile server to do this. Splunk Mobile App users must connect to the network using VPN from their device before they sign in to the Splunk Mobile App."

Have you tried it and run into problems?

View solution in original post

mglauser_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hello, Writing to say that the Splunk Mobile Access Server has been deprecated in favor of use of the Splunk Add-on for Mobile Access. You can read about the product here: http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/MobileAddon

In terms of VPN login, you can access the Splunk Mobile App via a VPN by following the steps listed in the "Log in using VPN" section of this link:
http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/MobileApp/2.3.0/Install/Login

belka
Path Finder

I worked through this one. If your users have a vpn client to connect to the network, they can access the mobile server and through the mobile server, the Splunk instance.

0 Karma

ChrisG
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

The documentation says you can:

"Splunk Mobile App users not on the internal network can use VPN to connect to the Splunk Mobile Access Server. Splunk Mobile App users must connect their device to the VPN before signing in to the Splunk Mobile App to get access to the Splunk Mobile Access Server."

See also:

"Mobile users not on the internal network use VPN to connect to the Splunk Mobile Access Server . You do not need to configure any special settings on the mobile server to do this. Splunk Mobile App users must connect to the network using VPN from their device before they sign in to the Splunk Mobile App."

Have you tried it and run into problems?

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...