Security

How to set up multifactor Authentication with Duo Security via Duo Auth proxy on Splunk 6.6.5?

mhigginson
Explorer

I'm trying to setup multi-factor authentication using Duo Security on Splunk 6.6.5. Our Splunk server isn't allowed to talk to Duo's API servers directly due to security restrictions. I have set up a DUO auth proxy server following the guide here [https://duo.com/docs/authproxy_reference. When I go to setup the multi-factor authentication in Splunk there isn't a spot for a proxy server so I'm just specifying the proxy server as the API hostname. I'm getting timeout errors and am not able to finish setup. I was just wondering if anyone else has had to use a duo proxy server for mfa and what they did to get it to work.

Thanks

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer at Splunk .conf24 ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...

Share Your Ideas & Meet the Lantern team at .Conf! Plus All of This Month’s New ...

Splunk Lantern is Splunk’s customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...