Security

How to hide the Search & Reporting app from a user, but allow them access to a custom app?

SecureIA
Path Finder

Hello all,

I have created an app which contains some dashboards which I would like to present to a single user. However, I would like to restrict access to the Search & Reporting app. When I attempt to do this, my user cannot log in and gets a 404 error.

The only way that the user can access the new app is by providing them with read access to the Search & Reporting app.

Is there any solution around this in Splunk?

Regards,

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi securela,
Probably you forgot to set a default app for that role or user so Splunk tries to go on Search app that is disabled.
Bye.
Giuseppe

0 Karma

SecureIA
Path Finder

Both the user and role have their default app set to the new app. Unfortunately they cannot see the new app without having permissions for the Search & Reporting app.

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi SecureIA
I don't remember how we did this configuration that is running at one our coustomer, Thursday I'll be there and I'll see how we did to implement the direct access to one App.
In the meantime you can enable access to Launcher as Default App, enabling only Launcher and your App, in this way it runs!
Bye.
Giuseppe

0 Karma

SecureIA
Path Finder

Thank you Giuseppe!! I shall try this, I have a solution at the moment but it is a little messy

Cheers,
Lee

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...