Security

How to hide login information from URL?

subitha_kennedy
Loves-to-Learn Everything

I created a landing page for all applications.. but the login information is visible in url.. how can i change that xml..

I don't want to see the login information in url. Attached the code I am using .

<panel>
<input type="dropdown" token="user_name" searchWhenChanged="true">
<label>User Name</label>
<selectFirstChoice>true</selectFirstChoice>
<search>
<query>
| rest /services/authentication/current-context splunk_server=local | fields username | eval username=mvindex(split(username,"@"),0)
</query>
</search>
<fieldForLabel>username</fieldForLabel>
<fieldForValue>username</fieldForValue>
</input>

<div class="dropdown-content">
<a>$form.user_name$</a>
<a href="*" target="_blank">My Profile</a>
</div>

Any reply would be highly helpful..

Thanks,

Splunk lover

Labels (1)
0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @subitha_kennedy,

let me understand: you created a dashboard panel that displays the usernames of your user and you want to hide usernames, whay you did it?

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

The values of the tokens are passed in the URL - the only way to not have them present in the URL is to not have them in the first place (or by obfuscating the values and somehow unobfuscating when you need to use the original value).

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

New in Observability - Improvements to Custom Metrics SLOs, Log Observer Connect & ...

The latest enhancements to the Splunk observability portfolio deliver improved SLO management accuracy, better ...

Improve Data Pipelines Using Splunk Data Management

Register Now   This Tech Talk will explore the pipeline management offerings Edge Processor and Ingest ...

3-2-1 Go! How Fast Can You Debug Microservices with Observability Cloud?

Register Join this Tech Talk to learn how unique features like Service Centric Views, Tag Spotlight, and ...