Security

How to find out user Log in & Log out for the application

jaibalaraman
Path Finder

Hi 

I tried the below SPL query which is not working , can anyone help me 

index=aws  sourcetype=* earliest=-30d user="*" action=login OR action=logout | table user status action reason message 

OR

source="*" EventCode=4624 OR EventCode=4634 | table _time Account* Logon*

Labels (1)
0 Karma

bowesmana
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

OK, so take for example this query

index=aws  sourcetype=* earliest=-30d user="*" action=login OR action=logout | table user status action reason message 

If you run this query in verbose mode (but do last 15 minutes, not last 30 days), then  in the events tab, you will see a list of fields. Do the fields you are using in the search exist?

Do you have permission to view events in the aws index?

In you just use index=aws for the last 15 minutes, do you see any data?

do you have the user and action fields and if you have action, what are the values.

If you are seeing nothing, then it will be one of

• permissons to the data
  • fields not being extracted, so your search will not work

The best way to resolve this is to look at the field list (in verbose mode) so you can see the extracted fields and their typical values

0 Karma

jaibalaraman
Path Finder

basically i want to write SPL query to find out user log In & out in our website.

0 Karma

jaibalaraman
Path Finder

Hi 

Yes,  i am getting no data found

0 Karma

bowesmana
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

How do you know it's not working? Are you getting 0 results?

Do you know there is data that should appear?

Do all the fields you are searching by exist?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...