Security

How to configure Splunk error pages / messages (like 404 not found)?

fto
Explorer

Hi all,

I use the web.conf file to configure login messages, ... Is it a similar method to configure error pages (like 404 not found)?
I could edit the templates in "splunk/lib/python2.7/site-packages/splunk/appserver/mrsparkle/lib/" but this is not an evolutive solution.

Thanks in advance for your time and help

Labels (1)

delewis13
Explorer

Bump this question, would also love a solution to this. Need to return a specific HTML file when i hit 404 within my app.

jkat54
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

404 is found here on my install:

C:\Program Files\Splunk\Python-2.7\Lib\site-packages\django\contrib\admin\templates\admin

Also wrapped up in code here:

C:\Program Files\Splunk\Python-2.7\Lib\site-packages\cherrypy\_cperror.py

And here:

C:\Program Files\Splunk\Python-2.7\Lib\site-packages\splunk\appserver\mrsparkle\lib\error.py

Sometimes it depends on where you are in splunk web/api/etc the message/underlying code may change. There is not a way to do this with .conf flies.

0 Karma

nick405060
Motivator

For me in 7.2 I can only find/modify it in error.py, not the rest

0 Karma

nilaksh92
Path Finder

Hi

Can we change the error page of a particular application of Splunk?

Actually I want to change the error page of my application not all applications of splunk.

Can we do it?

Thanks in Advance.

Thanks and Regards
Nikks

0 Karma

fto
Explorer

HI
I'm still facing this problem. Any idea?
Thanks

0 Karma

delewis13
Explorer

Anyone found a solution to do on an app-by-app basis?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...