Security

Graylog whitelist\blaclist?

pfabrizi
Path Finder

I am using Graylog (winlogbeats) to forward windows events to a Linux based UF. I have a props.conf on my indexer and SH to set field alias since Graylog forwards fields with a winlogbeats preface. I have 2 questions:

1. if I want to whitelist\blacklist on the UF would I look for the fields with windlogbeats?
    so instead of this: blacklist1 = EventCode="4662" Message="Object Type:\s+(?!groupPolicyContainer)"
    would I replace it with this: blacklist1 = Winlogbeat_EventCode="4662" Message="Object Type:\s+(?!groupPolicyContainer)"

2. should I or should I not put the props.conf on the linux UF?
    it looks like this:
    [graylog:windows]
    SHOULD_LINEMERGE = false
    TIME_FORMAT=%Y-%b-%d %H:%M:%S
    TZ = UTC
    FIELDALIAS-winlogbeat_as_host = winlogbeat_fields_collector_node_id as host
    FIELDALIAS-winlogbeat_as_eventid = winlogbeat_event_id as EventCode
    FIELDALIAS-winlogbeat_as_processname = winlogbeat_event_data_ProcessName as Process_Name
    FIELDALIAS-winlogbeat_as_logonid = winlogbeat_event_data_SubjectLogonId as Logon_ID
    FIELDALIAS-winlogbeat_as_user = winlogbeat_user_data_SubjectDomainName as user
    FIELDALIAS-winlogbeat_as_src_user = winlogbeat_user_data_subjectDomainName as src_user
    FIELDALIAS-winlogbeat_as_action = winlogbeat_keywords as action
    FIELDALIAS-winlogbeat_as_security_id = winlogbeat_user_data_SubjectUserSid as Security_ID
    FIELDALIAS-winlogbeat_as_account_domain = winlogbeat_user_data_SubjectDomainName as account_domain

Thanks!

Tags (1)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...