Security

Graylog whitelist\blaclist?

pfabrizi
Path Finder

I am using Graylog (winlogbeats) to forward windows events to a Linux based UF. I have a props.conf on my indexer and SH to set field alias since Graylog forwards fields with a winlogbeats preface. I have 2 questions:

1. if I want to whitelist\blacklist on the UF would I look for the fields with windlogbeats?
    so instead of this: blacklist1 = EventCode="4662" Message="Object Type:\s+(?!groupPolicyContainer)"
    would I replace it with this: blacklist1 = Winlogbeat_EventCode="4662" Message="Object Type:\s+(?!groupPolicyContainer)"

2. should I or should I not put the props.conf on the linux UF?
    it looks like this:
    [graylog:windows]
    SHOULD_LINEMERGE = false
    TIME_FORMAT=%Y-%b-%d %H:%M:%S
    TZ = UTC
    FIELDALIAS-winlogbeat_as_host = winlogbeat_fields_collector_node_id as host
    FIELDALIAS-winlogbeat_as_eventid = winlogbeat_event_id as EventCode
    FIELDALIAS-winlogbeat_as_processname = winlogbeat_event_data_ProcessName as Process_Name
    FIELDALIAS-winlogbeat_as_logonid = winlogbeat_event_data_SubjectLogonId as Logon_ID
    FIELDALIAS-winlogbeat_as_user = winlogbeat_user_data_SubjectDomainName as user
    FIELDALIAS-winlogbeat_as_src_user = winlogbeat_user_data_subjectDomainName as src_user
    FIELDALIAS-winlogbeat_as_action = winlogbeat_keywords as action
    FIELDALIAS-winlogbeat_as_security_id = winlogbeat_user_data_SubjectUserSid as Security_ID
    FIELDALIAS-winlogbeat_as_account_domain = winlogbeat_user_data_SubjectDomainName as account_domain

Thanks!

Tags (1)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...