Security

Example data/incidents for ES

MichalG1
Explorer

Hello Team,

I have my training Splunk instance with ES 7.1.

I have used it for training and experiments. Question: is there any "training/example" data i could use to import it there ? The point is: i do not want to configure dozens of TA's/collectors, create real labs with real cybersecurity attacks, instead would love to have a test data so i could learn/experiment/review Splunk ES capabilities.

Anything ?

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

PickleRick
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

PickleRick
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You can use BOTS dataset

https://github.com/splunk/botsv3

MichalG1
Explorer

Looks great, will test it, thx !

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @MichalG1,

have you access to Splunk Show (show.splunk.com)?

if yes, you already have a complete environment for test and training with all the installed add-ons and data.

Otherwise, it's really difficoult to create a relevant data test environment.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

MichalG1
Explorer

I can login there (using my instructor account), but see 0 events (both public and invited), any way to get the access there ? Thanks @gcusello !

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...