Security

Can i restrict access to certain views ??

rakesh_498115
Motivator

Hi..

I need to restrict access to few dashboards to certain users in a single app. how can i do it ? can you please help with proper documentation..

thanks

Tags (3)
0 Karma

chris
Motivator

This is doable got to the Manager click on "User Interface" and the views in your app for every view you can set the permissions for the roles you have in Splunk. You can create your own roles and assign the users to those roles.

alt text

There is some info here
http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/latest/Security/Addandeditroles
But I think you should be fine be just copying the default user or power roles and assign the users accordingly

rakesh_498115
Motivator

*** sry typo error ..couldn't see this workin

0 Karma

rakesh_498115
Motivator

I tried this but could see this working...am i missin something...the steps i have done ..
I have two users say user1 and user2 and default app for this two users is MYAPP ..
Now i have created two user roles say A and B for both roles A and B i have given the indexs that are available in MYAPP...After that i have added the role A to user1 and role B to user 2 ..

Now i am gone to MYAPP in that i have two views say view1 and view2 . . i want the view 1 to be accessed by user1 and view2 by user2 . So i have added role1 to view1 and role2 to view2 . but i didnt see this happening..plese help.

0 Karma

jpass
Contributor

Here's how I do it:

-create 'roles' that will dictate what views a user can acces
-add users to the appropriate roles
-go to: http://path-to-your-splunk:8000/en-US/manager/my-app-name/data/ui/views
-you should see a list of views for 'my-app-name'
-in the middle of each row notice the link for permissions
-the permissions are based on roles
-fine your a view you want to set up access for and click it's permissions link
-provide access to any roles you want to allow to use that view

You'll obviously want to substitute 'path-to-your-splunk' and 'my-app-name' for whatever you have on your Splunk instance. I'm using Splunk 4.3

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing Splunk Enterprise 9.2

WATCH HERE! Watch this Tech Talk to learn about the latest features and enhancements shipped in the new Splunk ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...