Security

Can I change role's searchable/default index by App?

melonman
Motivator

Hi,

I would like to set srchIndexesDefault to specific index by app currently users are using.

For example, admin role is configured so searchable indexes = * and _*, and default index searched = main.
If admin uses a tutorial app, I want to automatically change as follows using authorize.conf.

-- authorize.conf in tutorialappdir/default

[role_admin]
srchIndexesAllowed = *
srchIndexesDefault = tutorial

But I am still getting data in main index in my tutorial apps.

Can I change role's searchable/default index by App?

Thank you,

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

dart
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

This question looks at how you'd set the default search index on a per app basis, which might help with what you're trying to do. It also refers to the *NIX app as a good example of editing the views to have a default index.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

sowings
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

One thing I've done is to have a view (shared from some other app) use a macro like get_my_index for its index= clause. Then, an app provides a macros.conf to provide the "local" version of that macro, so that the same view can refer to different indexes, depending upon which app scope the user is viewing it from.

dart
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

This question looks at how you'd set the default search index on a per app basis, which might help with what you're trying to do. It also refers to the *NIX app as a good example of editing the views to have a default index.

0 Karma

melonman
Motivator

Thanks dart!

There is a same question previously posted. So to set the default search index for a particular app, I actually have to change the XML to embed index=XXX code.

It would be great if I could control using authorize.conf...

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...