Security

Bluecoat proxy integration

himapate
Explorer

Hi ,

I'm trying to integrate blue coat proxy with Splunk, however stuck at the below point.
The bluecoat proxy is sending its log in squid format through syslog to my indexer which app should i use ( TA- Blue coat or TA - Squid ) in order to make it CIM compatible.

0 Karma

esix_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

The Splunk Add-on for Blue Coat ProxySG expects the ProxySG log files in W3C ELFF format. So this wont work for your log format.

You can try the AddOn for Squid PRoxy (https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/2965/#/overview) it is CIM compliant.

Most likely the AddOn for Squid Proxy will get you close, but you will need to update the header fields and extractions to reflect the additional BlueCoat fields. * This also depends on what version of BlueCoat you have and what fields you have enabled on the appliances..

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

More Ways To Control Your Costs With Archived Metrics | Register for Tech Talk

Tuesday, May 14, 2024  |  11AM PT / 2PM ET Register to Attend Join us for this Tech Talk and learn how to ...

.conf24 | Personalize your .conf experience with Learning Paths!

Personalize your .conf24 Experience Learning paths allow you to level up your skill sets and dive deeper ...

Threat Hunting Unlocked: How to Uplevel Your Threat Hunting With the PEAK Framework ...

WATCH NOWAs AI starts tackling low level alerts, it's more critical than ever to uplevel your threat hunting ...