Other Usage

splunk query

numeroinconnu12
Path Finder

Hello,
Thank you in advance for your help.
I have a query that returns results containing a list of names and another query that also returns a list containing names.
I would like to make a report indicating the names present in the first query but not present in the second query (delta of both queries)

Labels (1)
0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

There are a couple of ways to do this and it depends on your searches and data. Ideally, you can easily identify where each event comes from by something like index or sourcetype and the field names for the name field are the same in both sources. Try something like this

(index=source1 sourcetype=sourcetype1) OR (index=source2 sourcetype=sourcetype2)
| stats values(sourcetype) as sourcetype by name
| where sourcetype=sourcetype1 AND mvcount(sourcetype)==1

0 Karma

numeroinconnu12
Path Finder

Hello @ITWhisperer , thanks foy your answer

for more information:

query 1:
index=active_directory
| stats count by cn
|rename cn as name

Results:
name
test
test1
test2
test3

query 2:
index=cabod
| stats count by name

Results
name
test1
test2

So I would like a query that shows me what is present in the results of query 1 but not in the results of query 2. in this case test, test3

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
index=active_directory OR index=cabod
| eval name=coalesce(name, cn)
| stats count by name
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...

.conf24 | Learning Tracks for Security, Observability, Platform, and Developers!

.conf24 is taking place at The Venetian in Las Vegas from June 11 - 14. Continue reading to learn about the ...

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...