Reporting

splunk failed to fetch form values for form "saved/searches"

dmillis
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

My 4.1.4 Splunk instance on MacOS 10.6.4 will no longer allow me to save searches, complaining with the error: 'splunk failed to fetch form values for form "saved/searches"'.

User is 'admin', and the following event from the _internal index seems to be tied to the problem:

2010-10-12 00:17:13,481 ERROR [4cb3fd690d1fa23f0] admin:835 - uiHelper processValueAdd operator failed for endpoint_path=saved/searches/_new elementName=spl-ctrl_summary_index: argument of type 'NoneType' is not iterable host=dmillis-mbp15.local sourcetype=splunk_web_service source=/Applications/splunk/var/log/splunk/web_service.log

I have an enterprise license.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Tags (2)
0 Karma

dmillis
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I decided to reinstall 4.1.5, which solved the problem.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...