Reporting

custom Email Templates with dynamic search results? can it be done?

PatrickButterly
Explorer

Hey Hoping somebody has a clean answer to this.
Basically I have a search generating data to turn into an alert that ends in:

| table Group email Values | map search="| sendemail to= $email$ subject=Update message=$Values$"

The powers that be command certain styling on this email message not simply the values. After combing through many posts I haven't really found a straight answer. Ideally I would have a template email (template.html) that i could import and replace a part of it with the values. someting like
| eval emessage=getTemplate(template.html).replaceregex("x", "$Values$") | map search="| eval emessage=getTemplate(template.html).replace("replaceMe", "$Values$") | sendemail to= $email$ subject=Update message=emessage"

I get that is a bit of a stretch, but has anybody been able to achieve something like that? or is the only option to write a script and work it through that
Thanks

0 Karma
1 Solution

PatrickButterly
Explorer

So after much research and work I found the only way to do this is to build out a new command with a sendmail function that will generate a templated email

View solution in original post

0 Karma

PatrickButterly
Explorer

So after much research and work I found the only way to do this is to build out a new command with a sendmail function that will generate a templated email

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...