Reporting

Why am I getting a timeout error using the append command?

cindygibbs_08
Communicator

Hello guy I hope everyone is doing great, I am creating a dashboard with a single visualization using a query that looks a lot like this one:

| multisearch
[ search index="OP" and sourcetype="XYU"
| search OPE="VOUCH" AND STATUS IN ("PEN", "REPL")
| fields OPE, STATUS, ATH]
[ search index="DEPARTS" and sourcetype="CLIENTE_NOT_VIP"
| search ATH="OK" AND CLIENT!="YK" AND REPORT="SERVICES_IUJ*"
| fields ATH, REPORT]
| stats values(*) as * by ATH

and it does not matter what the span of time for the search is, it always gives a proper results with no errors, for the purpose of this question I will call this single query "Query A"

But Today I decided to use create a table using the | append command along with the last query and a new one and for the life of mine I swear it did not work out as expected or as it does outside the | append command...  if I use it for a search period of one or 2 days it works fine BUT..When I use it let's say for  a time period of more than 20 days I get different results and I get an error that says: 
[subsearch]: Search auto-finalized after time limit (60 seconds) reached.

is it not ok to use a multisearch in the append command?

I do not know what is going on... or how to avoid this...because "Query A" works fine everytime I use it on splunk butI noticed this error whenever I try to use "Query A" inside an append command for a period of time of more than 20 days... I will be so thankful if any of you could point out what is going on.. or please how to avoid this..

kindly, Cindy

Labels (1)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...