Reporting

Why Fear the PDF export?

darkquark
Engager

So I see we can export to XML, CSV and another thing or 2. Ok, great. What's the deal with PDF, why is that all but taboo? With so many reporting apps or even just using Splunk naked (without an app) why are there so few choices?

How is everyone else getting their data out?

I would seem to me if you have a great data mining tool as Splunk is, you add some good reporting/exporting functionality then all of a sudden you also have a great reporting tool.

At this point , to me, it's like having the fastest race car out there but you only put 3 wheels on it.

Tags (1)

ChrisG
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Yes, integrated PDF generation is a feature of Splunk 5.0, which is currently in Beta. If you are interested in signing up for the Beta to try it out, email betasignup@splunk.com.

ChrisG
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Splunk 5.0.4 does have integrated PDF generation...see http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/latest/Installation/UpgradePDFprintingforSplunkWeb#Use_i... for documentation. If you are having trouble with the feature, please post a new question to Answers with more detail about the problems!

0 Karma

BenAveling
Path Finder

I have Splunk 5.0.4 - it doesn't appear to have pdf.

0 Karma

mikelanghorst
Motivator

There is the PDF Report Server app available from Splunkbase PDF app link unfortunately that only works for scheduled reports. That said I've been told that they do realize that PDF's are a pain point right now and they do intend to add in the near(?) future a more functional PDF capability.

glitchcowboy
Path Finder

Agreed! I want a quick "send as pdf" button that I can pop off a pdf of a graph or report and email it without installing running a screen capture program on my desktop.

(I assume that's what you meant as well)

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...