Reporting

SEDCMD in props.conf

irwinj_125
Explorer

Hello,

In the Splunk GUI/Interface, I filter into the following commands to remove some unwanted data from being displayed:

| rex mode=sed field=_raw "s/ example: .+?( from |$)/ example: select from /g"
| rex mode=sed field=_raw "s/ in \(.+?\) / in (...) /g"

How would I apply this to props.conf in my forwarder (or is there a better option i.e. transforms.conf)?  I tried the following but did not seem to work for me. 

[XX]
SEDCMD-first = s/ example: .+?( from |$)/ example: select from /g
SEDCMD-second = s/ in \(.+?\) / in (...) /g
force_local_processing = true

Labels (1)
0 Karma

scelikok
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @irwinj_125,

It is better doing these replacements on your indexers without force_local_processing=true.

If this reply helps you an upvote and "Accept as Solution" is appreciated.
0 Karma

irwinj_125
Explorer

Thanks!

Yes my goal here is just to get the SEDCMD working, if I can do that I will disable local processing and set up on the indexer instead.  Doing this locally allows me to test without having to re-start the indexer, which would affect all my forwarders (at least that's my thinking).

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...