Reporting

Renaming reports (please add this feature!)

jwild91
Engager

I saw there is responses from 2013 and 2015 you cannot rename a report. Why is this still not a thing? Is there something preventing this from being added? This seems very basic and is disappointing I cannot change my report without deleting and recreating it.

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @jwild91,

you can ask a new feature in Splunk Ideas (ideas.splunk.com).

I agree with you a renamimg feature is missing, I also asked to have a column for Dashboards (but also for Reports) with an additional column with last update time that i think is useful.

As a workaround, you can clone a report, as hinted by @chaker, or you could also (but i don't like) to modify report's name in savedsearches.conf.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

View solution in original post

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @jwild91,

you can ask a new feature in Splunk Ideas (ideas.splunk.com).

I agree with you a renamimg feature is missing, I also asked to have a column for Dashboards (but also for Reports) with an additional column with last update time that i think is useful.

As a workaround, you can clone a report, as hinted by @chaker, or you could also (but i don't like) to modify report's name in savedsearches.conf.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

chaker
Contributor

I don't know the answer to your question regarding why it's not a thing. But you can clone reports to rename, you don't have to delete and recreate. Clone to rename, then delete or disable original. 

https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/SplunkCloud/8.2.2203/Report/Createandeditreports#Clone_a_repor...

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...