Reporting

New User Welcome Email

aattinello
Engager

When I am creating a new user, is there a way to
1) Send him a welcome email through splunk?
2) Force him to change his password the first time he logs in (much list the admin user must do on the initial install)?

I recently created 20 users and had to email each of them with their user name and a link to our splunk install. Then i had to strongly suggest they change the password I set for them, but I did not see a way to enforce that.

Tags (3)
0 Karma
1 Solution

lguinn2
Legend

Nope, not in Splunk's native authentication. I suggest using LDAP instead; then you move password management to a system that is designed to do password management...

View solution in original post

lguinn2
Legend

Nope, not in Splunk's native authentication. I suggest using LDAP instead; then you move password management to a system that is designed to do password management...

lguinn2
Legend

Yes, you can use LDAP with Splunk Cloud.

0 Karma

aattinello
Engager

Thank you, does that go for "Splunk Cloud" as well?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...