Reporting

Network Toolkit : ping status for Multiple IP in different columns ?

pgadhari
Builder

I am using Network Toolkit app for pinging some of my servers and getting the status as "Down" or "UP" and using lookup file I am showing other details of that server such as Area, Location, Data_Port and Time_server. But along with this, I have to show the ping status of "Time_Server" also into the same table panel. I don't want to create separate panels for Time Server health status. Attaching screenshot for your reference, so basically there should be one more column named "Time_Server_Status" showing "Down" or "UP" at the end of the table ?

I have installed Network Toolkit app on HF and collecting the data into my index, the server ping is getting collected as sourcetype "ping", and I am also collecting ping status for Time_Server IPs in different sourcetype as timeserver_ping. In our environment, I want to monitor 200 server IPs and 10 Time_Server IPs, and I am using lookup file to show all the details as mentioned above. Hence, how can I show both Server and Time_Server IP ping status in the same table ? Please advise ?

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Karma

thambisetty
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You can first search for both the data sources, lets say you have sourc1 for ping status of servers and source2 for ping status of time_server

source1 OR source2 | then your search and apply lookup.

————————————
If this helps, give a like below.
0 Karma

pgadhari
Builder

@thambisetty  - even if I search both sources, showing Server_IP and Time_Server_IP will be problem, as I have 200 Server_IPs and only 10 Time_Server_IP. Actually, some Server_IPs (for eg 50 Server_IPs point to one Time_Server_IP), hence, showing the status will actually not work after taking from the lookup ? hope you got it ?

0 Karma

thambisetty
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I am using Network Toolkit app for pinging some of my servers and getting the status as "Down" or "UP" and using lookup file I am showing other details of that server such as Area, Location, Data_Port and Time_server.

The above you have already got as per the screenshot you have attached. next - >

your search 
| append [| index=indexwhereyourtimeserver_pingdetails sourcetype=timeserver_ping | table time_server_ip ping_status]
| stats values(*) as * by time_server_ip

Note: the time_server_ip from your search results and timeserver_ping should match to combine results and show in single table.

hope this helps. upvote if this solves your problem

————————————
If this helps, give a like below.
0 Karma

pgadhari
Builder

ok i will check the query and get back to you.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...