Reporting

Is there a way to use the result of a scheduled report to generate multiple other reports/charts?

dling

I have 4 charts in a dashboard, ABCD|E , ABCD|F, ABCD|G, and ABCD|H. ABCD being the search condition.

The only different in each chart is which value is being charted (E, F, G or H).

Rather than running 4 different searches for the same data and processing them. Is there a ways to just generate a report with ABCD criteria, then use the result of that report to generate my Chart E, F, G, & H?

I'm trying to figure out how to save search time, and system resource.

Tags (1)
0 Karma

frobinson_splun
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi @dling,
You might want to consider creating a global search (ABCD) and then using simple XML to access that global search and then modify it with different post-process searches in your various charts. Here is some documentation about this:
http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/latest/Viz/Savedsearches#Post-process_searches

Hope this helps! Let me know if not and we can continue discussing.

Best,
@frobinson_splunk

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...