Reporting
Highlighted

How to send email to multiple recipients using map command with Python3?

Contributor

Hi,
I am using splunk 8.0.1 on windows OS with Python3.
With help of @woodcock answer from https://answers.splunk.com/answers/489475/how-configure-an-alert-to-send-an-email-based-on-f.html
I was trying below search-

Your Base Search Here
 | outputlookup MyTempLookup.csv
 | stats count by EmailContact
 | map maxsearches=9999 search="|inputlookup MyTempLookup.csv
                                | search EmailContact=$EmailContact$
                                | sendemail to=\"$EmailContact$\" format=raw subject=myresults sendresults=true"

But the search is returning results but it is not sending any mail. and when I checked internal logs below error I observed-

ERROR   sendemail:1428 - [HTTP 403] Client is not authorized to perform requested action;
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "D:\Program Files\Splunk\etc\apps\search\bin\sendemail.py", line 1421, in <module>
    results = sendEmail(results, settings, keywords, argvals)
  File "D:\Program Files\Splunk\etc\apps\search\bin\sendemail.py", line 400, in sendEmail
    jobResponseHeaders, jobResponseBody = simpleRequest(uriToJob, method='GET', getargs={'output_mode':'json'}, sessionKey=sessionKey)
  File "D:\Program Files\Splunk\Python-3.7\lib\site-packages\splunk\rest\__init__.py", line 559, in simpleRequest
    raise splunk.AuthorizationFailed(extendedMessages=uri)
splunk.AuthorizationFailed: [HTTP 403] Client is not authorized to perform requested action

Note- If I try using only sendemail command then it is working and I am able to receive email.
Is there anything needs to be modified in sendemail.py command for python3.

Below sample query I tried but it is not sending any email-

index=_internal|stats count by sourcetype|eval EmailContact=if(sourcetype="splunkd","email@id.com","email2@id.com")
  | outputlookup MyTempLookup.csv| stats values(EmailContact) AS emailToHeader| mvexpand emailToHeader| map search="|inputlookup MyTempLookup.csv | where EmailContact=\"$emailToHeader$\"
     | fields - EmailContact
     | sendemail
        sendresults=true inline=true
               to=\"$emailToHeader$\"
        subject=\"Your Subject here: \"
        message=\"This report alert was generated by \$app\$ Splunk with this search string: \"

Any idea what mistake I am doing in above query.
Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Karma
Highlighted

Re: How to send email to multiple recipients using map command with Python3?

Contributor

One thing I noticed that it's not related to python3 since it is also not working for python2.
Is there any way by which I can send email to multiple recepients as per condition

0 Karma
Speak Up for Splunk Careers!

We want to better understand the impact Splunk experience and expertise has has on individuals' careers, and help highlight the growing demand for Splunk skills.