Reporting

How do I sum the total of appendcol results with option to format the field name?

jamesbabugm

looking for a query to convert the results like this

I have a search to produce report using appendcols

a | b | c

5785|5731|100

want to get the report like this, basically trying to format the name of the fields along with apply sum/diff

Total of messagea | Total of messageb | Total of messagec | Diff of Total a and total b
5785|5731|100|54

This is the current query 

index!= "internal " sourcetype="a" "messagea" | stats count as a |
appendcols [search index!= "internal" sourcetype="b" "messageb" | stats count as b ] |
appendcols [search index!= "internal" sourcetype="c" "messagec" | stats count as c ]

Labels (1)
0 Karma

kamlesh_vaghela
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@jamesbabugm 

You can eval the diff between total a & total b and then rename fields.

index!= "internal " sourcetype="a" "messagea" | stats count as a |
appendcols [search index!= "internal" sourcetype="b" "messageb" | stats count as b ] |
appendcols [search index!= "internal" sourcetype="c" "messagec" | stats count as c ]
| eval diff = a - b
| table a b c diff
| rename a as "Total of Message a", b as "Total of Message b", c as "Total of Message c", diff as "Diff of Total a and Total b"

You can change the search as per your requirement.  

https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/9.0.3/SearchReference/Eval

https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/latest/SearchReference/Rename

I hope this will help you.

Thanks
KV
If any of my replies help you to solve the problem Or gain knowledge, an upvote would be appreciated.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...