Reporting

How can I create report with following logs

matthewoh

Hi

I am trying to create report on following log

9/4/12
3:30:38.000 AM  
Sep  4 03:30:38 175.**.***.** Sep  3 16:44:55 penta-np syslogmd:  INTRUSION  DETECTION TIME : 12/9/3 16:44:55  RULE NAME : ParameterTampering  (client 203.**.**.** ) -> (server 175.**.**.**:80)
host=175.**.***.**   Options|  sourcetype=udp:514   Options|  source=udp:514   Options

This log is from Web Application Firewall and I want to
1. count by RULE NAME
2. count by client(in brackets)
3. count by server(in brackets)

I've been thinking of adding tags or fields but it is out of my ability.

Can some one help me ?

Tags (1)
0 Karma

lguinn2
Legend

Try (typo corrected)

<yoursearchhere>
| rex "RULE NAME : (?<rule>.*?)  \(client (?<client>.*?)\s*\) -\> \(server (?<server>.*?)\s*\)"
| stats count by rule client server

This will create three temporary fields and use them to count. I think your search may be as simple as

sourcetype=udp:514

lguinn2
Legend

Sorry - I fixed the typo in the original answer,

0 Karma

matthewoh

Lisa,

I have tried
sourcetype="udp:514" | rex "RULE NAME : (?<rule>.*?) \(client (?<client>.*?)\s*\) -\> (\server (?<server>.*?)\s*\)"
| stats count by rule client server

and it returns me with following error.

[EventsViewer module] Error in 'rex' command: Encountered the following error while compiling the regex 'RULE NAME : (?<rule>.*?) \(client (?<client>.*?)\s*\) -\> (\server (?<server>.*?)\s*\)': Regex: missing )

0 Karma

matthewoh

Thank you Lisa. I will try this out.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...