Reporting

Field '_time' should have numerical values.

ayachem

Every time I try to run a report on a search, I get 0 records and the following error in the chart editor: Field '_time' should have numerical values.

My Query is: CallDetail>-1 sourcetype="3CX_cdr_custom" Dest<100 | rex field=Duration "(?<DUR>.*)..*" | convert dur2sec(DUR) as DurationSecs | stats sum(DurationSecs) as CallTime by Dest | search CallTime > 0

Basically, I configure the DUR = 00:00:XX, removing any numbers after the decimal place.

The stats in the results view look perfect, but then I try to run a report with sum(DurationSecs) split by Dest, It gives me the error. I can't pick CallTime from the report field list, so I used sum(DurationSecs) instead.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

~ Michelle

Tags (1)
0 Karma

gkanapathy
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

try using chart instead of stats?

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...