Reporting

Downloading lookup files via API returning 403 Forbidden

random_event
Explorer

I just updated the Splunk App for Lookup File Editing to the latest and now I can no longer download lookup files via CLI.  This has been working flawlessly in Splunk Cloud when I was running v3.6.0 but just updated to 4.0.1 (v4.0.2 not available in Cloud yet) and now I am getting 403 errors.

Through testing, I verified lookup endpoint is still valid, lookup shared at global level, and I even changed the permissions of the account to be sc_admin but still experiencing the same issue.  Has anyone else come across this and found a solution?  Same error no matter which lookup file I attempt to download.

My test command

python3 lut.py -app search -l geo_attr_countries.csv -app search
INFO:root:list of lookups to download: ['geo_attr_countries.csv']
ERROR:root:[failed] Error: Downloading file: 'geo_attr_countries.csv', status:403, reason:Forbidden, url:https://[REDACTED].splunkcloud.com:8089/services/data/lookup_edit/lookup_contents?lookup_type=csv&namespace=search&lookup_file=geo_attr_countries.csv

Python script from here

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma

PTC_
Explorer

Was the issue fixed?
I'm having the exactly same issue and weeks ago it was working fine.

No change was done to the lookup/dataset permissions and the user I'm using to access is the owner of the lookup.

Could this be related to a splunk certificate being expired?
or something else?

0 Karma

random_event
Explorer

Unfortunately, I never found a solution.  If you happen to find the fix, please reply with it.

0 Karma

dsanders80
Loves-to-Learn Lots

You need to supply the owner in your call.  Just add "&owner=nobody" if it is a global lookup.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...

.conf24 | Learning Tracks for Security, Observability, Platform, and Developers!

.conf24 is taking place at The Venetian in Las Vegas from June 11 - 14. Continue reading to learn about the ...

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...