Reporting

Can you disable all acceleration in data models?

ben_leung
Builder

Splunk version 6.0.5 CANNOT set configs in "datamodels.conf" to disable acceleration of data models.

Use case, some apps come with data models already accelerated and cause storage issues after a while.

Tried to set the default stanza with acceleration disabled, did not take effect.

#datamodels.conf
[default]
acceleration = 0 

Placed in the following directory path

$SPLUNK_HOME/etc/system/local/datamodels.conf
$SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps//local/datamodels.conf

Please make a way to disable acceleration without having to specify each data model in the conf.

Tanefo
Path Finder

hi
retry to place your datamodel file here in this path $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/system/local/datamodels.conf

replace your boolean expression 0 by false
like this:

#datamodels.conf
[default]
acceleration = false
0 Karma

ben_leung
Builder

0 or false would not matter.

By default when disabling from the UI, the value turns to 0.

I have already tried placing in etc system.

There seems to be no configuration to actually disable all acceleration for data models, unless told otherwise.

I bring this up because my scenario, the PAN app has 3 data models by default that are accelerated. I want to disable them before installing the app.

0 Karma

the_wolverine
Champion

I know this is late but you could create a custom role that does not have the following capability:
accelerate_datamodel

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...