#Random
This is a place to discuss all things outside of Splunk, its products, and its use cases.

Why is our violation warning from 2 months ago not going away?

cwilmoth
Path Finder

We exceeded our license one day only a couple of months ago and I still see the warning showing up in the Licensing window of our Master license server. Aren't these supposed to go away after 14 days with no other violations?

"3 license window warnings reported by 3 indexers                          2 months ago"

Thanks.

Tags (1)
0 Karma

jkat54
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

The warnings will disappear after 14 days according to this:
http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.4.1/Admin/Aboutlicenseviolations

My guess is that it shows the last warning you had... always in license manager.

0 Karma

cwilmoth
Path Finder

Well, that's kind of my point - the warning did not go away after 14 days. I would like this to go away so that other admins do not think that there is something wrong...

0 Karma

jkat54
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

have you tried restarting the license master?

0 Karma

cwilmoth
Path Finder

BTW, we are running a 3 node indexer cluster here which is why there are 3 warnings - they all came in at the same time.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...