Reimagine what you can do with your dashboards. Dashboard Studio is Splunk’s newest dashboard builder to easily create visually-compelling, interactive dashboards with an intuitive UI. With Dashboard Studio’s advanced visualization tools and fully customizable layouts, you can visualize more insights from your data and communicate powerful data stories to any audience.
This challenge is an opportunity to level up your dashboard skills, showcase your visualizations, and win a $100 gift card to the Splunk Store.
We supply the themes and the datasets. You create an impactful, story-telling dashboard in Dashboard Studio. It’s that easy!
This year, we have four dashboard themes: Security, IT, DevOps, and Business Insights. For each theme, 10 winners that meet the submission criteria will be randomly selected to receive a $100 Splunk Store gift card (40 winners total).
Dashboard Use Case Examples
Security : number of threats detected, threats location, issues reported, MTTR, issue urgency rating, and more.
DevOps : response time by app, errors by app, errors by host, service health location and more.
IT : server downtime, reported device issues, network issues, and more.
Business Insights : products sold, customer purchases by location, revenue, purchased product type, customer satisfaction score, employee happiness score, and more.
How to Enter the Challenge
- Register here to download the four datasets.
- Get a free trial of Splunk Cloud Platform (encouraged for access to the newest features). You can also download Splunk Enterprise or use your own Splunk environment.
- Upload your dataset(s) and start designing!
- When you’re ready to submit, upload your dashboard to the final submission form and agree to legal acknowledgements by April 14th.
- All submissions that meet the criteria will be entered into the $100 gift card raffle (Note: only US customers are eligible to win).
- You can submit a maximum of ONE dashboard per theme
- Your dashboard must have at least 3 panels
- Your dashboard must have at least 1 search-based visualization
Splunk’s Dashboard Picks: The Best of the Best!
The cream of the crop will have the opportunity to be featured as examples in a “Splunk’s Dashboard Picks” blog, customer resources, and even our in-product Examples Hub to help inspire other members of the Splunk community!
Tips to be Featured
- Tell a data story with your dashboard - take advantage of Studio’s visualization tools
- Make the dashboard accessible to any audience by using images and icons, descriptive labels, and logical formats
- Use our resource toolkit for a plethora of best practices and tips!
Register here to enter the challenge and to get tips and tricks, expert advice, handy content, and submission timeline updates. You can check out our plethora of resources below, join our slack channel for discussion, and sign up for our office hours!!
Questions or Suggestions?