Other Usage

What is the Manual work around for Pausing/disabling some alerts during a release but not all alerts?

sjringo
Communicator

Here is what I am proposing as a manual workaround to pause some alerts but not all alerts during an release weekend / evening and looking for some input.

We have several alerts that routinely are being triggered when there is a release due to no logins, missing data, etc...

I cant 'break' the Splunk emailer as there are other apps that are not doing a release.

If I identify those alerts that need to be disabled during a release I would like to name them so that they are easily identified in the Alert search tab.

What I am thinking of doing is adding a character at the end of the alert name that makes it obvious that it is one of these 'special' alerts so that other alerts not needing to be disabled are not disable inadvertently.

Does anyone know of any issues with using the 'registered trademark' character in the alert name ?

ALT 0174 =  ®

Then, when searching for alerts I would search for all alerts that include: *®*, disable them, then do the same and enable them once the release is over..

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...

.conf24 | Learning Tracks for Security, Observability, Platform, and Developers!

.conf24 is taking place at The Venetian in Las Vegas from June 11 - 14. Continue reading to learn about the ...

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...