Other Usage

Steps to upgrade addon for RSA SecurID

svibhute

We have RSA SecurID addon installed on Syslog server which also is a HF. Can anyone share steps to upgrade the addon.  @splunk 

Tags (1)
0 Karma

deepakc
Builder

Hi @svibhute 

There are a number of options and depending on your app deployment architecture. 

1. Download the latest version of the app  from Splunk - extract the tar file - copy over to /opt/splunk/etc/apps folder (ensure splunk permissions are set sudo chown -R splunk:splunk - this is typical) and if its Linux based as opposed to Windows. 

2. You can directly install via the HF GUI (if you have admin access)  go to managed apps, install from file (you should have already downloaded the tar file) or if you have a registered account with Splunk then use the browser more apps option and di it via there. 

3. If you are using a deployment server to manage apps, then follow that process, where the app is pushed out to the HF. 

I would also make backup of the /opt/splunk/etc/apps folder on the HF prior to the upgrade. 

0 Karma

svibhute

I went through the documentation to check whether there is any specific way to upgrade RSA Securid addon. I didn't find anything specific, so I followed common add-on upgrade process. As we have a distributed environment, followed below steps - 
1. put addon in /opt/splunk/apps through DS UI 
2. Take backup of existing addon
3. copy newly downloaded from /opt/splunk/apps to /opt/splunk/etc/deployment_apps with exact same addon name. 
4. Reload DS. 

And it was updated 🙂

Tags (1)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Troubleshooting the OpenTelemetry Collector

In this tech talk, you’ll learn how to troubleshoot the OpenTelemetry collector - from checking the ...

Adoption of Infrastructure Monitoring at Splunk

Splunk's Growth Engineering team showcases one of their first Splunk product adoption-Splunk Infrastructure ...

Modern way of developing distributed application using OTel

Recently, I had the opportunity to work on a complex microservice using Spring boot and Quarkus to develop a ...