Other Usage

Notables Are Not Being Created

daniaabujuma
Explorer

Hi Splunkers!

I am using Splunk Enterprise Security, and creating correlation searches, one of them I have created and tested manually by running the search over a specific period of time, many events matched, but no notable events are being created. To test my correlation, I have added another action (send email) when the correlation is triggered, and sure enough, an email was sent to me.

Can anyone help me solve this issue?

Labels (3)
0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @daniaabujuma,

a very stupid question: did you created as Requested Action the Notable creation?

Notable Creation isn't enabled by default.

If yes, check the parameters you used.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma

daniaabujuma
Explorer

Hi @gcusello ,

Thanks for the reply.

This is what I did, it works every time without issues but I noticed that recently the newly created correlations aren't creating notables when triggered.

daniaabujuma_0-1694001861474.png

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @daniaabujuma,

check if the options in the Notable crattion are the same of other Notables that are usually triggered.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma

daniaabujuma
Explorer

Hello @gcusello ,

Yes everything is the exact same

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @daniaabujuma,

check the Correlation Search Name: it must be different than others, otherwise you cannot distinguish it from the others.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer Certification at ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...