Other Usage

How do I Exclude Blocked IPs from Threat Activity Detected Rule?

cookislands

Hey, 

I am wondering how can we modify the below query/rule to exclude IPs that have been blocked by firewall.  orig_sourcetype="fortigate_utm". 

Query: 

| from datamodel:"Threat_Intelligence"."Threat_Activity" | dedup threat_match_field,threat_match_value | `get_event_id` | table _raw,event_id,source,src,dest,src_user,user,threat*,weight | rename weight as record_weight | `per_panel_filter("ppf_threat_activity","threat_match_field,threat_match_value")` | `get_threat_attribution(threat_key)` | rename source_* as threat_source_*,description as threat_description | fields - *time | eval risk_score=case(isnum(record_weight), record_weight, isnum(weight) AND weight=1, 60, isnum(weight), weight, 1=1, null()),risk_system=if(threat_match_field IN("query", "answer"),threat_match_value,null()),risk_hash=if(threat_match_field IN("file_hash"),threat_match_value,null()),risk_network=if(threat_match_field IN("http_user_agent", "url") OR threat_match_field LIKE "certificate_%",threat_match_value,null()),risk_host=if(threat_match_field IN("file_name", "process", "service") OR threat_match_field LIKE "registry_%",threat_match_value,null()),risk_other=if(threat_match_field IN("query", "answer", "src", "dest", "src_user", "user", "file_hash", "http_user_agent", "url", "file_name", "process", "service") OR threat_match_field LIKE "certificate_%" OR threat_match_field LIKE "registry_%",threat_match_value,null()) | search (src=10.0.0.0/8 OR src=172.16.0.0/12 OR src=192.168.0.0/16)

image_2023-06-28_154803120.png

Labels (1)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Enhance Security Visibility with Splunk Enterprise Security 7.1 through Threat ...

(view in My Videos)Struggling with alert fatigue, lack of context, and prioritization around security ...

Troubleshooting the OpenTelemetry Collector

In this tech talk, you’ll learn how to troubleshoot the OpenTelemetry collector - from checking the ...

Adoption of Infrastructure Monitoring at Splunk

Splunk's Growth Engineering team showcases one of their first Splunk product adoption-Splunk Infrastructure ...