Monitoring Splunk

datamodel

vid1
Explorer

i am facing error while running datamodel below

The search job has failed due to err='Error in 'SearchParser': The search specifies a macro 'isilon_index' that cannot be found. Reasons include: the macro name is misspelled, you do not have "read" permission for the macro, or the macro has not been shared with this application. Click Settings, Advanced search, Search Macros to view macro information.' for the peer=sh-i-077434912064e5018.wsa.splunkcloud.com. Check peer status and try running the search again.

l

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

vid1
Explorer

Authentication datamodel
that macro is not there in my macros list

View solution in original post

0 Karma

vid1
Explorer

Authentication datamodel
that macro is not there in my macros list

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @vid1 ,

good for you, see next time!

Ciao and happy splunking

Giuseppe

P.S.: Karma Points are appreciated 😉

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @vid1 ,

usually in DataModel's there's a macro to reduce the indexes to use in the population activity.

You can check this macro in the DataModel constrains.

Now this macro isn't present in your environment or you haven't the permissions to use it.

Search for this macro:

if present check the permissions,

if not present create it or remove t from the dataModel Constrains.

Which DataModel are you speaking of?

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma

vid1
Explorer

Authentication datamodel

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

How to Get Started with Splunk Data Management Pipeline Builders (Edge Processor & ...

If you want to gain full control over your growing data volumes, check out Splunk’s Data Management pipeline ...

Out of the Box to Up And Running - Streamlined Observability for Your Cloud ...

Tech Talk Streamlined Observability for Your Cloud Environment Register    Out of the Box to Up And Running ...

Splunk Smartness with Brandon Sternfield | Episode 3

Hello and welcome to another episode of "Splunk Smartness," the interview series where we explore the power of ...