Monitoring Splunk

cpu and memory usage consumed by a splunk dashboard?

pavanae
Builder

My splunk infrastructure is in Linux.

Suddenly One of my Splunk dashboard consumes almost 20 mins. Earlier it used to consume around 2 mins. I haven't increased the time span recently or modified the dashboard queries for sure.

Is there any way that I can check the cpu and memory usage for that particullar dashboard? If there is a way is it in the linux server or I can check that in splunk search head itself?

0 Karma
1 Solution

mayurr98
Super Champion

The Distributed Management Console has a dashboard for a similar search.

It's under the Search Menu -> Activitiy -> Search Usage Statistics : Deployment under the title "Long Running Searches"

Also, Search Menu -> Activity -> Search Activity : Deployment under the title "Top 20 Memory-Consuming Searches"

It has a bunch of other useful dashboards.

Also you can inspect using search job inspector
Like where your search query took longer execution time and all that information.
https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/SplunkCloud/6.6.3/Search/ViewsearchjobpropertieswiththeJobInsp...

I hope this helps you!

View solution in original post

0 Karma

mayurr98
Super Champion

The Distributed Management Console has a dashboard for a similar search.

It's under the Search Menu -> Activitiy -> Search Usage Statistics : Deployment under the title "Long Running Searches"

Also, Search Menu -> Activity -> Search Activity : Deployment under the title "Top 20 Memory-Consuming Searches"

It has a bunch of other useful dashboards.

Also you can inspect using search job inspector
Like where your search query took longer execution time and all that information.
https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/SplunkCloud/6.6.3/Search/ViewsearchjobpropertieswiththeJobInsp...

I hope this helps you!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...