Monitoring Splunk

Warnings in Messages

splunkreal
Motivator

Hello 🙂 

I'm wondering if warnings like "Local KV Store has replication issues" are shown to any admin user on any Splunk web (DMC server and any SHC member) ?

Thanks.

* If this helps, please upvote or accept solution if it solved *
0 Karma
1 Solution

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @splunkreal ,

it's normal that all warning or erro messages are displayed for admin on the servers that are usually accessed: SHs and MC.

what's your doubt?

If you think that these messages shouldn't be displayed, add it in Splunk Ideas (ideas.splunk.com).

Ciao.

Giuseppe

View solution in original post

splunkreal
Motivator

Hi @gcusello thanks, just confirmed then that we don't need to go especially to the MC server to see this kind of warning/error.

* If this helps, please upvote or accept solution if it solved *
0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @splunkreal ,

it's normal that all warning or erro messages are displayed for admin on the servers that are usually accessed: SHs and MC.

what's your doubt?

If you think that these messages shouldn't be displayed, add it in Splunk Ideas (ideas.splunk.com).

Ciao.

Giuseppe

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...