Monitoring Splunk

There are currently no forwarders configured as deployment clients to this instance

szone
Engager

hi.

I have a splunk server that is on windows and a vmware that windows on it too for forwarding data from vmware to host system. I read documents and do it step by step to  install and configure the universal forwarder on vm . the ports for receiver on two machines are open with firewall rules. but when i add data to splunk server the message show "There are currently no forwarders configured as deployment clients to this instance" and i search more but not fixed. 

there are solution for this subject on this community but not work for me. please help. thanks.

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

HI

couple of questions as I didn't get those from your question.

• Are configured that UF as Deployment client for splunk server or just add it with local configurations?
  • Have you configure splunk server's monitoring console part and add forwarders monitoring there?
  • Have you gotten any internal logs from UF to server?
  • Can you share your UF's outputs.conf, inputs.conf, deploymentclient.conf and serverclass.conf from you server and UF?

r. Ismo 

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...