Monitoring Splunk

Splunk License Usage by Index or Host or Sourcetype

anandhalagaras1
Communicator

Hi Team,

I need some help to pull the top 10 index utilization (on an average of last 7 days) in a dashboard representation which should not include internal indexes and it should be in GB so kindly help out with the search query.

And also similarly I need the Splunk License Usage by Host and Sourcetype in a Dashboard view (Last 7 days average data) in GB.

So kindly help out on the same.

Labels (2)
0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

Go to the "Cloud Monitoring Console" app, click on the "Indexing" menu, the "License Usage" submenu and poke around.  When you find a panel that you like, click the Magnifying Glass icon to "Open in Search" and copy that search.

0 Karma

PickleRick
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Go to Settings -> Licensing, Click "usage report", "Previous 60 days". Click the little magnifying glass under the graph to open in search. Adjust the search to your needs.

BTW, indernal indexes do not consume license so your requirement for _not_ including them is not necessary.

0 Karma

anandhalagaras1
Communicator

@PickleRick ,

Our Splunk is hosted in Cloud (AWS) and managed by Support. So when I logged into the Search Head and navigate to Settings-->Licensing I could see two options.

Licensing --> Switch to Local Manager option.

Local Server Information 

Indexer Name

Manager Server URI

Last successful contact time

And there is no option as Usage Reports so kindly let me know how to pull it.

0 Karma

PickleRick
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

In Splunk Cloud you should have licensing report(s) available in Cloud Monitoring Console. I'm not on the cloud right now so I'm not able to tell you exactly where it is, but it's there.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...