Monitoring Splunk

Splunk Deployment Monitor App couldn't work in Splunk 6.1.3

SamChang
Path Finder

In Deployment Monitor App, App's search command use [ index="_internal" source="*metrics.lo*" group=tcpin_connections ] logs to analyze Deployment Client status.

In Splunk 6.1.3, I couldn't get any logs by using [ index="_internal" source="*metrics.lo*" group=tcpin_connections ] search command on Deployment Server.

Is there [ index="_internal" source="*metrics.lo*" group=tcpin_connections ] log in Splunk 6.1.3 ?

How to fix this issue for Deployment Monitor App???

0 Karma

jrodman
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

The backing data is still in metrics.log as per always. One possibility is you don't have any incoming connections because of some other problem.

Splunk Deployment Monitor has gone somewhat unmaintained for a while, so if you updated from say 6.0.x to 6.1.3, it's possible something nonobvious is not working right.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...