Monitoring Splunk

Rebuild forwarder assets does not actually rebuild the assets table

Omar
Explorer

Hello Splunkers,

To remove the old decommissioned UFs and stop the annoying missing alert "DMC Alert - Missing forwarders" we need to Rebuild forwarder assets. 

The issue is even after doing so, the table still contains old decommissioned UFs, How do we solve this?

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @Omar ,

the build of the asset lookup is done running a search on _internal.

So, before running rebuilding, check the duration of the time period, maybe it's too large and there are still events from the decommisioned Forwarders, it's usually 24 hours.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma

Omar
Explorer

Hi Giuseppe,

Thanks for the replay. However, the issue is that it does not delete the old table,

Splunk says: "The Monitoring Console deletes the existing table and uses input metrics from indexers to create a new table."

I find many forwarders in the "dmc_forwarder_assets" lockup table which belongs to agents that last connected in the year 2022 

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @Omar,

as I said, check the time periodo used to rebuild the lookup.

If the issue is only to delete old forwarders, as a workaround, you could try to manually delete all the records in the lookup  "dmc_forwarder_assets" opening it in Lookup Editor.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Threat Hunting Unlocked: How to Uplevel Your Threat Hunting With the PEAK Framework ...

WATCH NOWAs AI starts tackling low level alerts, it's more critical than ever to uplevel your threat hunting ...

Splunk APM: New Product Features + Community Office Hours Recap!

Howdy Splunk Community! Over the past few months, we’ve had a lot going on in the world of Splunk Application ...

Index This | Forward, I’m heavy; backward, I’m not. What am I?

April 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...