Monitoring Splunk

Is there a way to determine Splunk License Usage for a Specific Event Type?

omprakash9998
Path Finder

Hi,

Is there a way to determine Splunk License Usage for a specific event type. 

I used index=_internal source=*license_usage.log* st=abcd to determine the license usage for the entire sourcetype.

To dig in deeper for the specific event type I found articles pointing to use len(_raw) which gives the byte size length of the raw event. I used the below to check if it returns the same from license_usage.log

index="x" sourcetype=abcd | bin _time span=1d | eval size=len(_raw) | stats sum(size) as sizeInBytes by _time | eval GB = sizeInBytes/1024/1024/1024

The numbers do not match. The numbers from len(_raw) are very high when compared to the actual License Usage.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...