Monitoring Splunk

Is it possible to audit files for Object Access and Privileged Access that are shared directly from NetApp CIFS?

tgatesnc

We are looking at moving our current user home directories and department shares from a Windows Server share to a NetApp CIFS share. Currently we audit the Windows server shares for object access and privileged use and we need to keep this functionally. Is it possible to audit files that are shared directly from a NetApp filer?

Tags (3)
0 Karma

pschulz
Engager

First make sure you have set up your splunk forwarder with a domain account (not the local user option).
This domain account must have corresponding administrative rights, so that the forwarder kann access the filer.

Assuming you already have enabled cifs audit on your netapp, put this in your inputs.conf of your forwarder:

[monitor://\\filer_host\c$\etc\log\*.evt]
disabled = 0
index=whateveryoulike

This will do the trick.

Regards,
Phil

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...