Monitoring Splunk

How to set permission to read ALL knowledge Objects

NightShark
Path Finder

Hello,

I would like to create a compliance user by allowing read only access to all knowledge objects and dashboards in our Splunk environment. I have allowed read permissions on all apps to that specific role however, me as admin role can view almost double the amount of Alerts, Reports and Dashboards as the compliance role.

What could be the cause here? and what could I be missing? Do I need to edit every single knowledge object and dashboard to allow permission for said role? Is there an easier method of doing this if so?

Thanks,

Regards,

Labels (3)
0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @NightShark ,

check if the not visible knowledge objects are shared or private: admins can see all, other roles cannot see private knowledge objects.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma

NightShark
Path Finder

Hello @gcusello ,

I assume that is the case, is there a capability to allow certain roles to view private knowledge objects? Or another easier method to make them do so?

Thanks,

Regards,

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @NightShark ,

only admin, but I don't like to anable to be admin, even if it's a compliance manager, he/she shouldn't access private objects.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...