Monitoring Splunk

How to see all open files,pipes,network socket open by splunk on Linux?

abonuccelli_spl
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I'd like to see any file open or also network sockets for the splunkd(including forked processes) and splunkweb.

Tags (3)
1 Solution

abonuccelli_spl
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

This would show pretty much everything

$SPLUNK_HOME/bin $ ./splunk status | egrep [[:digit:]]+ -o | xargs -I {} lsof -p {} 

This would filter out most internal files, network sockets and used libs (although it could filter out also unwanted stuff)

$SPLUNK_HOME/bin $ ./splunk status | egrep [[:digit:]]+ -o | xargs -I {} lsof -p {} 
    | egrep -v '(TCP|UDP)|\.so| (pipe|anon_inode|socket)|/db/|var/log/splunk/|fishbucket'

View solution in original post

abonuccelli_spl
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

This would show pretty much everything

This would filter out most internal files, network sockets and used libs (although it could filter out also unwanted stuff)

| egrep -v '(TCP|UDP)|\.so| (pipe|anon_inode|socket)|/db/|var/log/splunk/|fishbucket'
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...