Monitoring Splunk

How to check and change the sourcetype in the query?

vineela
Path Finder

Hey folks, I have one set of application where there is version upgrade.Due to that version upgrade they changed the path of logs. As they are facing some issues with sourcetype,they changed the sourcetype name as well.
IS there a  way to know which alerts are configured with this sourcetype /source and change them to new source/sourcetype instead of opening all the alerts manually and check where those sourcetype/source is used in query

Thanks in Advance,

Labels (1)
0 Karma

vineela
Path Finder

Can you please provide me the query using rest. I have access to frontend .I have power user access for front end.

0 Karma

PickleRick
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

If you have the privilege, you can use a REST call to list all saved searches. There you can look for any occurrence of your sourcetype in the search text.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...