Monitoring Splunk

How can I transfer workflow action in my current splunk machine to a new splunk machine

trinhgiahan

Hi , in my current splunk I have builded a lot of work flow action, when I want to upload all my workflow action into my new seccond splunk. How I do that thank you a lot

Labels (1)
0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi

I hope that you have created a separate app for those. If not then it's time to create it!

After that you can just copy and install this app into the new host.

If/when you have CLI access to this host (on development you always have) the easiest way to pack that app is  on cli 

splunk package app <your app>

Then splunk told where it put that package. You need just copy that package and then install it into your another nodes.

r. Ismo 

0 Karma

marnall
Builder

In your first Splunk instance, there should be one or more workflow_actions.conf files containing the configurations of your workflows. You should copy them to your second Splunk machine.

Ref: https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/9.1.2/Admin/Workflow_actionsconf

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...