Monitoring Splunk

How can I transfer workflow action in my current splunk machine to a new splunk machine

trinhgiahan

Hi , in my current splunk I have builded a lot of work flow action, when I want to upload all my workflow action into my new seccond splunk. How I do that thank you a lot

Labels (1)
0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi

I hope that you have created a separate app for those. If not then it's time to create it!

After that you can just copy and install this app into the new host.

If/when you have CLI access to this host (on development you always have) the easiest way to pack that app is  on cli 

splunk package app <your app>

Then splunk told where it put that package. You need just copy that package and then install it into your another nodes.

r. Ismo 

0 Karma

marnall
Builder

In your first Splunk instance, there should be one or more workflow_actions.conf files containing the configurations of your workflows. You should copy them to your second Splunk machine.

Ref: https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/9.1.2/Admin/Workflow_actionsconf

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Threat Hunting Unlocked: How to Uplevel Your Threat Hunting With the PEAK Framework ...

WATCH NOWAs AI starts tackling low level alerts, it's more critical than ever to uplevel your threat hunting ...

Splunk APM: New Product Features + Community Office Hours Recap!

Howdy Splunk Community! Over the past few months, we’ve had a lot going on in the world of Splunk Application ...

Index This | Forward, I’m heavy; backward, I’m not. What am I?

April 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...