Monitoring Splunk

Component Code List and Definitions

verizonrap2017
Loves-to-Learn

Does anyone know of a list of component codes and their meanings for at least _internal and _audit? I have asked instructors and Splunk direct with no help so far. 

Labels (1)
0 Karma

kiran_panchavat
Contributor

@verizonrap2017 

I'm not sure what you're looking for; are you looking for Splunk components or the default indexes in Splunk? Please use the links provided below for reference. 

https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/9.2.1/Indexer/Aboutmanagingindexes  

https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/9.2.1/Capacity/ComponentsofaSplunkEnterprisedeployment  

I hope this helps, if any reply helps you, you could add your upvote/karma points to that reply, thanks.

0 Karma

verizonrap2017
Loves-to-Learn

Thank you Kiran. What I am looking for is the meaning of each component code found. For instance If I run - 

index=_*
| stats count by component index log_level

I see many component codes with Warning or Error. The question becomes what does that component code mean and if there is a warning or error what is the action needed to correct or tune? I do not see any documentation in Splunk to that effect and have asked Splunk PS, Splunk Instructors and Splunk Support. No answer yet.

I want to build dashboards and associated alerts to help me know the stability and status of the platform.

Thank you!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Archived Metrics Now Available for APAC and EMEA realms

We’re excited to announce the launch of Archived Metrics in Splunk Infrastructure Monitoring for our customers ...

Detecting Remote Code Executions With the Splunk Threat Research Team

WATCH NOWRemote code execution (RCE) vulnerabilities pose a significant risk to organizations. If exploited, ...

Enter the Dashboard Challenge and Watch the .conf24 Global Broadcast!

The Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge is still happening, and it's not too late to enter for the week of ...